Motivational Interviewing for Health Systems Change to Increase Tobacco Cessation Masterclass Workshop
Original Air Date: March 15 2023, 2-4 p.m. ET
Motivational interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based approach to empower behavior change and enhance client recovery outcomes. At a higher level, how can we use MI skills to expand access to tobacco cessation services and treatment? How can we lead with an MI mindset and best address tobacco-related disparities?
Join the National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco and Cancer Control on Wednesday, March 15, 2-4 p.m. ET for a masterclass to explore how you can use MI strategies to create systems-level change in tobacco cessation efforts. This masterclass workshop – Part 2 in a series – will provide an opportunity for participants to discuss case scenarios with peers and National Council for Mental Wellbeing Senior Advisor, Pam Pietruszewski, MA, and Director, Practice Improvement, Tamanna Patel, MPH, CDP.
• Increase their understanding of core elements of MI.
• Understand how MI strategies can be used to engage stakeholders.
• Practice applying MI strategies to support organizational systems level changes.
*This masterclass will not address MI applications at the individual or client level.*
This webinar was brought to you by the National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco and Cancer Control:
- From Leadership in the Age of Complexity
- Talking to Change: An MI Podcast, Episode 23: Public Health Interventions and MI
- Frameworks Institute