SAMHSA has recently released three new tobacco cessation publications for providers and clients, geared specifically towards substance use disorder (SUD) treatment settings:
- Implementing Tobacco Cessation Programs in Substance Use Disorder Treatment Settings: A Quick Guide for Program Directors and Clinicians
- Quitting Tobacco—Help Your Clients to a Healthier Life
- You Can Quit Tobacco—Benefits and Tips To Quit for Good
The publications are resources for SUD treatment providers, program directors, and their clients, and include information about how to:
- Implement tobacco cessation programs in their organizations.
- Outline the benefits of such programs.
- Reduce the use of tobacco products among clients with SUD.
For more information on these new resource guides, check out SAMHSA’s website!