Candid Conversations On Youth Mental Wellbeing and Vaping
Original Air Date: May 17th 1:30 – 3:30 pm ET
Nicotine can negatively impact the mental wellbeing of youth by exacerbating symptoms of anxiety and increasing feelings of depression.
Join the National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco and Cancer Control, the National Council for Mental Wellbeing and Truth Initiative on May 17 from 1:30-3:30 p.m. ET for a conversation around supporting young people struggling with nicotine dependence.
By joining this masterclass workshop, you will:
- Understand the root causes and impact of nicotine dependence on the mental wellbeing of young people.
- Identify pandemic-era challenges and opportunities associated with youth mental health and nicotine use.
- Gain youth-centered resources on preventing and addressing nicotine dependence.
The masterclass workshop will feature the following speakers:
- Pam Pietruszewski, MA, Senior Advisor, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Tamanna Patel, MPH, Director, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Alex Parks, MS, CHES, Vice President, Truth Initiative
This event was hosted by the National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco & Cancer Control with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Vaping: Know The Truth One-Pager
- Vaping Nicotine and Mental Health One-Pager
- Getting Candid: Framing the Conversation Around Youth Substance Use Prevention
- Youth Substance Use and Message Development During COVID-19
- Quick Facts on the Risks of E-Cigarettes for Kids, Teens and Young Adults
- Colliding Crisis: Youth Mental Health and Nicotine Use
- Nicotine use and stress