Cancer and Mental Wellbeing Education Series Session 1: Building Partnerships Between Cancer Centers and Mental Health/Substance Use Treatment Organizations
Original Air date: February 9th, 2023 @ 12-1PM ET
One in three people with cancer experience mental or emotional distress. When care is integrated between cancer centers and mental health and substance use treatment (MH/SU) organizations, clients demonstrate improved outcomes and quality of life. Ensuring access to mental health and substance use treatment services is therefore integral to improving cancer outcomes.
Join the National Council for Mental Wellbeing’s National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco & Cancer Control on Feb. 9, 12-1 p.m. ET, for a dialogue and Q&A with featured guests sharing insights around building strong partnerships to integrate mental health and substance use care into cancer treatment.
During this webinar, you’ll:
- Hear examples of how cancer care programs have integrated mental wellbeing into their treatment practices.
- Explore how cancer care and MH/SU organizations can partner to support individuals with mental health and substance use challenges.
- Gain insights into effective strategies to build meaningful partnerships between cancer centers and MH/SU organizations.
- Clinton Burnside, M.P.H., senior outreach coordinator and Men Take Ten program manager, Howard University Cancer Center
- Jess Quiring, Oncology Navigation and Outreach Manager, New Mexico Cancer Center & Chair of the New Mexico Cancer Council
- Samara Tahmid, project manager, Practice Improvement and Consulting, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
This event was brought to you by the National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco and Cancer Control: