- This event has passed.
Nicotine Dependence Conference & National Summit on Smokeless Tobacco Prevention 2020: Aligning Research, Clinical Practice, and Community Interventions – LIVESTREAM
- Share promising practices, experiences and recent research to accelerate the reduction of smokeless and non-combustible tobacco use and their consequences.
- Build a network of individuals who can share experiences and advocate for communities free from the toll of smokeless and non-combustible tobacco use.
- Update skills in behavioral interventions for tobacco treatment.
- Identify current trends in medications for tobacco dependence.
HEALTH EDUCATION COUNCIL IN JOINT COLLABORATION WITH MAYO CLINIC
Abstract submission and additional information can be found on the conference website.
|Early Bird Registration
before Aug 15
|Registration starting August 16
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.
|Resident, Fellow, Nurse, NP, PA, Community Health,
Allied Health Professional
This program is designed for pysicians, nurses, advanced practice providers, counselors, psychologists, community health professionals, public health professionals, wellness coaches, and social workers. The varied audience shares interest in effectively intervening to address tobacco in all forms through cutting edge treatment and model public practice.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify up-to-date research on prevalence and relative risks of tobacco, e-cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and other non-combustible tobacco products.
- Discuss clinical strategies for treating tobacco use disorder within the context of rapidly evolving nicotine delivery products.
- Describe effective models for community and public health interventions to provide accurate education and address the evolving tobacco epidemic.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic Course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.