- This event has passed.
CTTS will be holding a 5 Day Training where participants can expect to leave the training competent to effectively treat patients for tobacco dependence and to provide other services that will help organizations to address tobacco use.
OCTOBER 23-27, 2017
300 Atrium Drive
Somerset, NJ 08873
9:00am – 5:00pm (Registration 8:30am to 9:00am)
Complete Course Fee: $975.00
We serve breakfast every day and one networking lunch.
Objectives: At the end of this training participants will be able to :
1. Describe the impact that tobacco use, the tobacco industry, and FDA regulation has on society including environmental/cultural factors
2. Describe the individual impact that tobacco use has on individual health and addiction, co-morbidities and special populations
3. Assess critical factors used in the development of a tobacco treatment plan including motivation and dependence
4. Examine how to implement components of a comprehensive, evidence-based tobacco dependence treatment intervention based on
clinical practice guidelines including behavioral skills, social support, and pharmacotherapy including principles of community outreach and culture sensitivity.
5. Practice and demonstrate the skills needed to conduct a clinical assessment, engage in individual counseling, motivational interviewing, and group counseling
6. Discuss the principals involved in tobacco treatment program development and evaluation, clinical practice guidelines, and evidence-based scientific literature
Michael B. Steinberg, MD, MPH
Donna Richardson, MSW, LCSW, LCADC, CTTS
Jill Williams, MD
Marc Steinberg, PhD in Clinical Psychology
Cristine Delnevo, PhD (Health Studies), MPH (Health Education and Behavioral Science)
Jane Lewis, DrPH (Health Promotion/Health Education)
Mary Hrywna, MPH (Health Behavior and Health Education)
See below for more details: