The Smoking Cessation Leadership Center (SCLC) and the CDC’s Tips From Former Smokers (Tips) campaign are pleased to invite you to the free webinar, “Always a Priority: Helping Smokers with Mental Health Conditions Quit” on Tuesday, May 31, 2016, at 1:00pm EDT (90 minutes).
We are honored to have presentations by the following experts:
- Jill M. Williams, MD, Director of the Division of Addiction Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Corinne Graffunder, DrPH, MPH, Director, of the Office on Smoking and Health, at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Rebecca, participant in the 2016 Tips campaign
- Review epidemiology of tobacco use among individuals with a mental illness or addiction in order to raise awareness
- Discuss the variety of consequences experienced by a tobacco user in addition to medical or health consequences and revise how these impact recovery from a mental illness or addiction
- Interpret personal narrative recovery stories as a way to disseminate information to an at risk community and increase awareness and understanding in a peer to peer way