Science-Based Solutions for Tobacco Cessation
Original Air Date: July 18th, 1 pm – 3 pm ET
Commercial tobacco use among people with mental health and substance use (MH/SU) challenges is often not addressed or is treated separately during care, compromising long-term recovery and wellbeing. Understanding the pharmacologic basis of tobacco addiction can be helpful in prioritizing and integrating effective approaches to cessation for individuals with MH/SU challenges who use tobacco.
By joining this masterclass, you will be able to:
- Understand and explore the neuroscience of addiction and tobacco use disorder.
- Discuss science-based solutions for tobacco cessation among individuals with mental health and substance use challenges.
- Examine practical applications across public health, mental health, substance use and addiction recovery organizations.
- Tamanna Patel, MPH, Director, Practice Improvement and Consulting, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Nick Szubiak, MSW, LCSW, Founder and Principal of NSI Strategies
This event was hosted by the National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco & Cancer Control with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.