- This event has passed.
Host: Nuestras Voces (Our Voices) National Hispanic Network to Reduce Tobacco-Related and Cancer Health Disparities
When: Thursday, September 21, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EST
Despite gains since the launch of the Affordable Care Act’s insurance marketplaces in 2014, Hispanics remain the group most likely to be uninsured. Recent estimates reveal Hispanics have an uninsured rate of 16.2% compared to non-Hispanic whites at 6.7%. Understanding how to best explain the enrollment process, as well as the preventive benefits that come with insurance plans, can increase enrollment, reduce the insurance disparity, and improve the health of Hispanics.
This webinar will especially benefit promotores and community health workers who provide health insurance enrollment navigation support in Hispanic communities. During this webinar we will:
- Learn about the important tobacco cessation and cancer prevention benefits provided by the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicare and Medicaid;
- Review health coverage options through the upcoming 2018 Marketplace open enrollment period, available bilingual outreach resources, and how to utilize coverage to stay healthy;
- Review Marketplace enrollment eligibility based on immigration status;
- Assess low-cost alternative health care services and referral options for consumers who are ineligible for a plan; and,
- Discuss ways to trouble-shoot enrollment navigation challenges encountered by promotores/community health workers.
The guest presenter for this webinar is Jeanette Contreras, MPP, Office of Communications, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). In her role as a Health Insurance Specialist at CMS, Ms. Contreras has built dynamic partnerships with hundreds of national and regional stakeholders across America for collaboration on outreach and education to consumers about healthcare programs and policies, including Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, the Health Insurance Marketplace and the Affordable Care Act.
To register now, please visit the following link: