- This event has passed.
The Smoking Cessation Leadership Center (SCLC), the National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco and Cancer Control (NBHN), and the American Lung Association (ALA) are pleased to invite you to register for this One-Hour Power Break webinar: “The Power of Partnerships: Behavioral health and public health working together to combat smoking in Kentucky” on Tuesday, September 19, 2017, at 1:00pm EDT (60 minutes).
We are honored to have the following speakers presenting on this topic for us:
- Judy L. Baker, MSHRL, LMT, Branch Manager, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Kentucky Department for Medicaid Services, Division of Program Quality & Outcomes
- Bill Blatt, MPH, National Director of Tobacco Programs, American Lung Association
- Bobbye A. Gray, RN, BS, TTS, Tobacco Cessation Administrator, Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Tobacco Prevention and Cessation, Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Margaret Jaco Manecke, MSSW, Project Manager, Practice Improvement, National Council for Behavioral Health
- Explain the benefits of hosting a state strategy session and how your state can get involved.
- Describe how to build successful statewide collaborative groups.
- Identify the medications and counseling covered by passage of a law in Kentucky to cover tobacco cessation.
- Identify effective strategies to promote quit attempts and provide comprehensive cessation services to the behavioral health population.
REGISTER HERE: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/jpbcwcu9ue5e&eom
CME/CEUs will be available for participants who join the LIVE session, on September 19, 2017. You will receive instructions on how to claim credit via the post webinar email.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the webinar activity.
Advance Practice Registered Nurses and Registered Nurses: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) states that the AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
California Pharmacists: The California Board of Pharmacy accepts as continuing professional education those courses that meet the standard of relevance to pharmacy practice and have been approved for AMA PRA category 1 CreditTM. If you are a pharmacist in another state, you should check with your state board for approval of this credit.
Accreditation for Respiratory Therapists:
This program has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care, 9425 N. MacArthur Blvd. Suite 100 Irving TX 75063. Course # 149459000.
This UCSF CME activity was planned and developed to uphold academic standards to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor; adhere to requirements to protect health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); and include a mechanism to inform learners when unapproved or unlabeled uses of therapeutic products or agents are discussed or referenced.
The following faculty speakers, moderators, and planning committee members have disclosed they have no financial interest/arrangement or affiliation with any commercial companies who have provided products or services relating to their presentation(s) or commercial support for this continuing medical education activity:
Judy L. Baker, MSHRL, LMT, Christine Cheng, Brian Clark, Bobbye A. Gray, RN, BS, TTS, Margaret Jaco Manecke, MSSW, Jennifer Matekuare, Roxana Said, MPH, Catherine Saucedo, and Steven A. Schroeder, MD
The following faculty speaker has disclosed a financial interest/arrangement or affiliation with a commercial company who has provided products or services relating to their presentation(s) or commercial support for this continuing medical education activity. All conflicts of interest have been resolved in accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support:
Bill Blatt, MPH –
- Pfizer – Grant/ Research Support
- Anthem Foundation – Grant/ Research Support
Don’t need to claim CME/CEUs? SCLC issues free certificates of attendance for those who want contact hours only.