- This event has passed.
The Smoking Cessation Leadership Center (SCLC) and the National Behavioral Health Network For Tobacco & Cancer Control (NBHN) invite you to participate in this free webinar: Veterans and Tobacco: Population, Product Use, and Lessons from the Department of Veterans Affairs, on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, at 1:00pm EDT (90 minutes).
We are honored to have the following speakers presenting on this important topic:
- Brian S. Armour, PhD, Associate Director for Science, Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Kim W. Hamlett-Berry, PhD, National Program Director, Tobacco & Health: Policy and Programs, Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention, the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Michael A. Tynan, Public Health Analyst, Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Describe U.S. military veterans’ use of five tobacco product types: cigarettes, cigars, roll-your-own tobacco, pipes, and smokeless tobacco.
- Identify population-wide, evidence-based policy solutions that will reduce smoking among veterans.
- Describe rates of smoking among veterans receiving health care through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and tobacco use treatment in the VA.
REGISTER HERE: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/tal5rcv35g2q&eom
CME/CEs of up to 1.5 units will be available for participants who join the LIVE session, on April 18, 2018. You will receive instructions on how to claim credit via the post webinar email.