- This event has passed.
Varenicline, an FDA-approved prescription smoking cessation aid, is an effective evidence-based treatment for reducing tobacco use among individuals with mental health and substance use challenges.
Join the National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco and Cancer Control, and the Behavioral Health and Wellness Program at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus on February 24th from 2:30–3:30 p.m. ET for a deep dive into the benefits, challenges and emerging trends around the use of varenicline for tobacco cessation in individuals with mental health and substance use challenges.
By joining this webinar, you will:
• Discuss the role of pharmacological treatments in smoking cessation
• Learn about the benefits of varenicline for long term recovery in individuals with serious mental illness (SMI)
• Identify approaches to use in tandem with Varenicline to enhance smoking cessation outcomes
• Gain practical tools to initiate conversations with patients around the use of varenicline for smoking cessation
The webinar will feature the following speakers:
• Chad Morris, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Behavioral Health & Wellness Program at the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus
• Jim Pavlick, MA, CTTS, Program and Policy Analyst of the Behavioral Health & Wellness Program at the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus