- This event has passed.
The Smoking Cessation Leadership Center (SCLC) invites you to join for this webinar, “Advancing Smoking Cessation in California’s Medicaid Population: The Medi-Cal Incentives to Quit Smoking (MIQS) Project” on Tuesday, March 12, 2019, at 11:00 am PST (90 minutes).
SCLC is honored to have the following speakers presenting on this important and timely topic:
- Steven A. Schroeder, MD, Director, Smoking Cessation Leadership Center, University of California at San Francisco
- Hai-Yen Sung, PhD, Professor of Health Economics, Institute for Health & Aging, University of California at San Francisco
- Elisa K. Tong, MD, MA, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, at Davis
- Shu-Hong Zhu, PhD, Professor & Director, Center for Research & Intervention in Tobacco Control (CRITC), Dept. of Family Medicine and Public Health, University of California at San Diego School of Medicine
- Identify statewide outreach strategies to providers, plans, and public health partners.
- Describe impact with Helpline caller response in California Medicaid population and subgroups
- Describe the effect of incentives to help low-income smokers quit smoking.
- Assess potential population-level costs and benefits of supplementing usual care of quitline services with financial incentives and mailed nicotine patches to Medicaid smokers who call the quitline.
REGISTER HERE: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/3ovom8k5av0m&eom
One and a half hours of credit can be earned, for participants who join the LIVE session, on March 12, 2019. You will receive instructions on how to claim credit via the post webinar email.
ACCREDITATION FOR RESPIRATORY THERAPISTS
This program has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 contact hours Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care, 9425 N. MacArthur Blvd. Suite 100 Irving TX 75063. Course # tbd.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the webinar activity.
Advance Practice Registered Nurses and Registered Nurses: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) states that the AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
California Pharmacists: The California Board of Pharmacy accepts as continuing professional education those courses that meet the standard of relevance to pharmacy practice and have been approved for AMA PRA category 1 CreditTM. If you are a pharmacist in another state, you should check with your state board for approval of this credit.
California Behavioral Science Professionals: University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for behavioral health providers. UCSF maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
This UCSF CME activity was planned and developed to uphold academic standards to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor; adhere to requirements to protect health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); and include a mechanism to inform learners when unapproved or unlabeled uses of therapeutic products or agents are discussed or referenced.
The following speakers, moderators and planning committee members have disclosed they have no financial interest/arrangement or affiliation with any commercial companies who have provided products or services relating to their presentation(s) or commercial support for this continuing medical education activity:
Christine Cheng, Brian Clark, Jennifer Lucero, MA, MS, Jennifer Matekuare, Jessica Safier, Catherine Saucedo, Steven A. Schroeder, MD, Hai-Yen Sung, PhD, Elisa K. Tong, MD, MA, and Shu-Hong Zhu, PhD
Don’t need to claim CME/CEUs? SCLC issues free certificates of attendance for those who want contact hours only.
Please feel free to forward this information to your colleagues. For questions, contact Jennifer Matekuare, SCLC Operations Manager, at Jennifer.email@example.com or call toll-free (877) 509-3786. This webinar will be recorded and may be viewed online on the Smoking Cessation Leadership Center’s website after the presentation.