- This event has passed.
Register for American Lung Association’s Public Health Roadmap: Systems Change Strategies to Address Youth Cessation Webcast on Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at 11 am CST.
Tobacco use by adolescents and young adults is an immediate health concern:
- Ninety-five percent of today’s tobacco users started using before the age of 21.
- Many young people who use e-cigarettes also smoke cigarettes.
- There is some evidence that young people who use e-cigarettes may be more likely to smoke cigarettes in the future.
- If cigarette smoking continues at the current rate among youth in this country, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 will die early from a smoking-related illness. That’s about 1 of every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.
CDC data shows most youth who use tobacco products want to quit. Treatments exist to help youth quit successfully, unfortunately barriers prevent some kids from quitting tobacco. Opportunities to expand treatment and interventions for youth can be improved by understanding how youth interact with care extenders in many types of settings, in the healthcare system and beyond. It is more important than ever for public health professionals to be equipped with resources, strategies and tools to address barriers and leverage unique opportunities to providing cessation services for youth.
During this interactive webcast, intended for tobacco control program staff and other public health professionals of any level, attendees can expect to:
- Increase confidence to engage and partner with systems and care extenders for youth that are interested in improving how they promote and integrate cessation services.
- Learn more about strategies to engage care extenders in the community and understand how tobacco control program staff can promote cessation for youth.
- Learn about new resources and tools for public health professionals, to coach community partners and health systems through road-tested systems change strategies that promote youth cessation integration.
Register Today: https://app.webinar.net/xW9GoXOk7YP